Corporate VAT Refund for US Companies and Deadlines
US companies that incur Value Added Tax (VAT) on business-related expenses in Europe, England, Australia, Canada, South Korea, and Japan are entitled to a Corporate VAT refund if they follow the proper VAT reclaim procedures. Global VaTax has the necessary forms, experience, and relationships to expedite and maximize your VAT refund. Value Added Tax is called GST in Australia and Canada, and in Japan it is JCT. VAT refund rules and registration requirements vary from country to country and expense types. In some cases, VAT registration is necessary in order to get the refund.
Simple Steps to Proceed with a Corporate VAT Refund from the EU
- Expense Management extraction – either via our direct connection to your EMS or uploading an Excel file. Receive access to your private encrypted online portal. Gain access to your customized VAT potential and Submission Analysis Charts and Reports via VaTax Cloud.
- Global VaTax will provide clear instructions and prepare the required documents for the tax refund authorities. In no way are these forms connected to your local filing of taxes. They are simply registration documents. These forms are required before any VAT reclaim can proceed and sometimes they can take 30 to 45 days to get back, so we encourage you to begin the process as soon as possible.
- Send us all the original invoices. Some countries require that the invoices be issued to the company name and corporate address. We will assist you in this process and if necessary, have your invoices reissued by the original supplier.
- Global VaTax will process the invoices, preparing and sending the necessary forms to you for your review and signature.
- The VAT claim will be submitted to the necessary local tax authorities, and Global VaTax will communicate with those offices with any questions or resubmission claims.
- Succesful refund claims will be paid out by the local tax authorities in about 2-6 months and the funds will be paid to your company minus the Global VaTax commission. The original invoices will be returned to you at that time if you choose.
Corporate VAT Refund Filing Deadlines
|Austria||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|Finland||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|France||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|Germany||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|Ireland||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|Netherlands||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|Sweden||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|Switzerland||Jan 1 – Dec 31||June 30th|
|U.K.||July 1 – June 30||Dec 31st|
Corporate VAT Refund Standard Rates
General VAT rates that are charged in some countries as of January 1, 2017.